Lets Get Fit!

During the last couple of months I've been experiencing regular counts of feeling quite poorly with many trips to the doctor. Although I have been prescribed certain things to help I've given my own diagnosis.... I need to get FIT! By fit I mean exercise no weird vain prompting there at all...

I've put it down to irregular sleep patterns that coincide with my work shifts. It would be easier to have a structured day working 9 till 5 so I would also have regular eating patterns as well. When I get home from a late shift I'm not getting home till around 9pm meaning I'm normally quite tired and want to grab something quick that will take minimal effort. The annoying thing is I can actually cook and I really do enjoy cooking. But at this time of the night I'm just very very lazy, so most of the time this will just consist of me grabbing a ready meal out of the fridge and having that for my dinner. Having a GCSE in home economics I know myself what goes into these ready meals and lets just say its not the best...


So what am I going to do about it?!


I'm cutting out all the crap. Well most we all need some little indulgences some of the time.. So instead of grabbing say a wafer biscuit or a bowl of Lucky charms in the morning before work I have completely swapped to something on the other end of the spectrum and its so yummy I cant believe I've never tried it before.


My simple quick and easy breakfast for someone who still likes something sweet to kick start the morning.

1 sliced banana (perfect for slow realising energy)
Some granola (whatever takes your fancy my favourite is fruit granola)
Couple of hefty handed spoons of yoghurt
1 tbsp. Chia seeds (these are great as they expand in liquid making you feel more satisfied and are also a good source of protein and omega 3)

Having this with a probiotic drink in the morning, makes me feel more energetic and able to have a more productive morning. Which is a definite must if you are working with the general public early in the morning.

My other meal times have become healthier as well especially dinner time im actually craving vegetables...yes you read right! When I get home from work im reaching for the veg draw in the fridge rather than the odd ready meal..

And again my simple dinner consists of.....

Some broccoli
Some spring onions
Sliced peppers
Handful of sugar snap peas
Some cooked beef (just like packet ham but beef)
A splash of light soya sauce
Thin rice noodles (just soaked in some boiled water for a couple of minutes before adding them to the wok)
Couple of cheeky chunks of garlic butter
And finally a coating of sweet chili sauce


And finally for exercise is not really my strong point...im way to lazy for it but im trying to motivate myself by using the exercise bike and ergo at home, no need to join a gym with the embarrassment of never actually going. another great exercise is dancing, I used to go to Zumba but after finishing school it was difficult to find someone to go with as its always more fun to have an exercise buddy. So hopefully I can report back in a few months with some results!

So Lets get fit! x








You Might Also Like

0 comments

LEAVE ME A COMMENT ! LOVE YOU XX

BY TORIE PEDERSEN. Powered by Blogger.