The Holiday.

Unfortunately its no romcom featuring Cameron Diaz or Jude Law (Sorry!), it's just your average family holiday. Although this time it would probably one of my last holidays with my parents, due to growing up and having a job that takes priority.

The Location.

As it was the celebration of my parents 26th wedding anniversary and it seemed fitting to return to the place where they had their honeymoon. (Insert cute monkey emojii)




Menorca is an island in the Balearic islands off the coast of Spain. With its peacefulness and relaxing aura it was the perfect way to spend the next 12 days. It's truly beautiful with no need of an instagram filter. I stayed in the cute and quaint village of Binibequer. It couldn't be a more perfect place to go on holiday, with only a short stroll to 3 restaurants/bars and a short drive to the beach.

 Of course a shameless selfie on a top of a mountain and trust I got some pretty weird looks whilst taking this photo. But some sightseeing had to be done as I hadn't been on this island since the age of about 5 or 6, so I couldn't remember a thing! We went to a monastery that still houses nuns but has opens it doors to the public to see the sheer beauty of the church and of course the view which is breath-taking. (lets just say this mountain got some serious Nikon action..slightly weird)

 Of course it wouldn't be holiday blog without the classic hot dog or legs photo at the beach. To be honest I don't have the hot dog legs at all but I found it quite funny. Anyway the beach in Binibequer is beautiful its small and a cove so you don't feel out in the open for everyone to see you in your bikini. The small beach bar is just perfect to have that ice cold beer (other refreshments are available) whilst relaxing with your favourite songs and topping up a much needed tan to get you through the winter.



 As guessed from the photos above some more sightseeing took place this time in the capital of Mahon. A historic fishing town with its beautiful old buildings, small cobbled streets and cute boutique shops.....so of course there was some shopping that was just necessary.


 These shoes are called Avarca's. They are made of leather (not faux) with the unique rubber sole made out of recycled tyres. With an open back and slight open toe they are the perfect summer shoes and they mould to your feet making them super comfortable. You can get the classic/traditional brown shoes which I already have, but I came across some interesting and fun colours that really took my eye. So if you see a pair of these shoes, GET THEM! It makes any outfit that little more personal and unique.
 I was in the need of some new sunglasses, my Ray Bans are looking slightly worse for wear, with copious drops and scratches that covered the lenses they are definitely on their way out. So when I saw these I instantly fell in love with them. So what are they. The are the black clubman Ray Bans. One word. Beautiful.
Perfume is a necessity for any holiday purchase. You think you can only get perfume on holiday as it would be much cheaper than it would be at home, sort of the case but it seems just wrong coming home from a holiday without a bottle of perfume. Daisy Dream by Marc Jacobs is just a mix or floral, sweet and slight hint of woodiness (is that a word?), its just lovely that's all I can really say im pretty rubbish at describing scents...I just love it. (and come on how cute is that bottle?!)

The last purchase has to be my ultimate favourite. Its just so beautiful. I probably had a little cry inside when I saw it. Its so simple, but it will never date or I think will never go out of fashion and once again its unique and just beautiful. (have I said beautiful enough do you think?) Just look at it.

 £35 for a gorgeous genuine leather handcrafted backpack. It has to be one of the best purchases I have ever made. Its the perfect size to make sure that I don't over stuff it with rubbish. The buckle details make it so cute and different not having the usual magnetic fastening. Due to it being real leather it does kind of smell and I made sure that I used a heavy amount of protectant spray before I would ever take it out anywhere as rain would instantly stain it and that just wasn't an option.

So there is the round up of what I have been up to for the past 12 days!

Bye for now x

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. The place looks beautiful. And that is exactly the same perfume that I bought from duty free this summer! xx
    http://penneychic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou !! It smells so good doesn't it!! xx

      Delete
    2. yes! Thank you very much for also visiting my blog :) If I were to give you some tips then I would say keep it pretty simple. You don't want the layout to detract from the content. You could maybe play around with the font and colour of the name of your blog. Also your pictures are lovely so make them as big as possible :)
      Hope this helps xx

      http://penneychic.blogspot.co.uk/

      Delete

LEAVE ME A COMMENT ! LOVE YOU XX

BY TORIE PEDERSEN. Powered by Blogger.