A Superdrug Sweep.

No matter how hard I try to just have a look around Superdrug is near impossible, I always pick at least one thing up and in this case I picked up a few more, 5 things to be precise so maybe not a 'sweep' but somehow it still manages to make a dent in last months paycheck :(

So the goods...
Don't you just hate those security tags....always ruin a good blog photo :(
First up. The Primer.
again those darn security stickers!

As of lately my make up has been lacking something and that is radiance as well as longevity. Now I've been using a mixture of the Benefit POREfessional primer and the Laura Mercier Primer and it does the job but im running low on my Mercier Primer and I was really interested in finding a dupe at the drugstore.  My skin lately has been pretty dry especially around my nose and in-between the brows and I found that my foundation (Estee Lauder Double Wear) was really clinging to these areas and it really was not a good look just a cakey mess. So after using this primer for about a week I can say my first impressions are pretty darn good, I find that not only does my make up look fresher but im ironically less shiny. So I should probably tell you what it is and... Bourjois Happy Light Luminous Serum Primer £10.99.

The Palette.

 I've definitely fell into the hype trap for this one and I mean this one has been truly hyped up over YouTube and the blogosphere recently and on first impressions I can sort of see why. First up its a bargin bucket dupe for the Urban Decay Naked Basic Palettes. Comparisons on the formula side are pretty similar as well these are super buttery shadows with pretty good pigmentation for the price but I could see these creasing on my eyes after wearing these for several hours. But for the price I cant really complain that much. It's the Collection (no 2000) Eyes Uncovered Palette in Nude £3.99. (Side note if I had the option of the different shades I probably would have gone for the Nude Grey Palette to better compliment me skin tone as the colours don't really show hugely on my eyelids).

The Eyeliner.

Everyone needs a splash of colour in their lives whether it's on the lips or the eyes I've really been enjoying using coloured eyeliners to mix up my everyday makeup for the warmer months (aka in the UK anything above 15 degrees Celsius). As a owner of pretty much every shade of the UD 24/7 Glide on pencils this might even beat those in my eyes, at less than half the price this devil has made me obsessed with using this everyday! They're extremely creamy and glide on so easily with no sharp scratchy tugging occurring, which I find can happen with the drugstore eyeliners. The colour is definitely POW! But makes a natural makeup look a lot more interesting. It's the Maybelline Chromatics in Turquoise Vibe £4.49. (The Purple one is definitely next on the shopping list!).

The Lip Lacquer.

Another to add to the growing collection I have of these. And it's obviously because of how amazing they are. (okay so this only brings the grand total up to 3 in my collection) But recently I've been moving away from bright/neon lips everyday to experimenting with a nude lip. I can compare this to MAC Mehr Lipstick although I would say this is slightly warmer toned with more of a brick red undertone which I prefer with my skin tone as I feel true nudes or super brown nudes give me the concealer lip look (no thanks). Im not going to bang on about the formula but these are super creamy and personally not super drying on the lips and they last amazingly! Of course it is the....Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in Beau Brun £8.99.

The Under-Eye Concealer/Highlighter (doesn't really have the same ring to it..)

Somewhere that I've never really explored is under eye highlighting/concealing, I've just always assumed that my foundation would do that part. Oh how could I be more wrong...So before splurging a great deal on the YSL Touch Éclat I thought I would give its budget friendly sister a try first and I have to say im pretty impressed it definitely highlights and brightens im quite glad it's not as drastic as a Kim K look, but none the less it's pretty darn good. It's creamy, pigmented and highlights. It's the L'Oreal Paris Lumi Magique in Medium £8.49.


Happy Shopping :) x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

LEAVE ME A COMMENT ! LOVE YOU XX

BY TORIE PEDERSEN. Powered by Blogger.