Growing up. My story.

Growing up is a phrase that eventually everyone will hear at least once in their life especially if you're a hormonal teenager..... Most people tend to start to grow up in their final few years of school or sixth form or that's what I found with the majority of the people I know, you have a high sense of responsibility and you start to look what you want to do in the future. For me I had to grow up quite fast, when I was 16 I found myself in a different world which goes into detail in my post 'A Taboo Topic', I felt I had to be more responsible for my dad who was going through something that could be described as depression and no child should witness a parent or close family member go through that sort of pain. I felt like I was responsible of what happened in the house whether it was making sure there was enough food in the house and making sure while I was away at boarding school my dad would be eating properly.

Alongside with all of this I was being pressured to decided what my future would entail. I went to a school which sort of pushes you towards the choice of going to university. Because I felt like I didn't want to let down my parents or my teachers I was going to go through the process of applying for courses at uni's, without really asking if I actually wanted to do and whether it would actually benefit me in anyway. I loved the human side of geography and started look at courses with the possibility of a sensible and respectable career. I wasn't happy and the pressure was just too much...I mean I don't get the highest grades in the world and I was hopeless when it came to revision and actually doing work. Although I loved my experience at school and I was given some of the best opportunities I still think in the back of my mind if after GCSE's it would have been better to get out into the world of work and maybe of started a apprentice. But I stuck 6th form out and came out with three a levels, again not 'respectable' uni grades but I was happy and extremely relieved.

Your probably thinking if you didn't go to university what did you choose to do? well I knew that if I wasn't going to uni and wasn't planning on travelling for a couple of years a job was necessary to earn some money rather than sitting on Facebook or YouTube all day every day. Job hunting is the biggest pain in the world I didn't realise how hard it would be. I mean I would literally sit on job websites for hours a day scouring what was available within a good distance from where I lived. But what did I actually want to do, I've always had a passion and obsession with make up and fashion so for looking for these jobs was super hard and competitive. I was lucky enough to land an interview with two companies one from the make up world and one from the fashion world.

The make up one. Benefit. I've always loved their make up and what the brand is about, and I didn't think in a million years I would have the opportunity of possibly working for them. There were three steps to the interview....but I will go into depth about my experience for the interview in a different blog post....its a long story trust me... In the end I didn't get the job and it wasn't the right job for me.

The fashion one. Outfit. A company under the umbrella of Arcadia basically the people who own the likes of Topshop and Dorothy Perkins. The interview was so relaxed and comfortable and I felt like I could be myself and not pretend to be something that I wasn't, I was also able to express my 'passion for fashion' (cheesy right). In the end I was offered the job and I couldn't be more ecstatic, honest there were full on happy tears that I had a good cry with my teachers who were super supportive of me getting a job!

So the future (Big scary word) I really don't know what it will entail but that is the beauty of it. I hope to continue working with outfit and gaining more experience and maybe one day I will be working for a big company ( I would love to work for vogue or Topshop unique) and maybe have the opportunity to go to Fashion week all around the world!!

 Bye for now x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

LEAVE ME A COMMENT ! LOVE YOU XX

BY TORIE PEDERSEN. Powered by Blogger.