Battle of the Dry Shampoos.

Dry Shampoo. A staple in anyone's life who has hair. Or at least I think so. I haven't really been picky about my dry shampoo as long it was quick, took little effort and did the job intended. It wasn't till experimenting with other brands and formulations that I really there is a difference between a good dry shampoo and bad dry shampoo.

These are the brands/formulations that I currently own and I can honestly say I've put these to the absolute test. So lets start...
 
 
Dove.
 
Being a drugstore brand I didn't have high hopes for this formulation and thought it would be your average dry shampoo that does the job of getting rid of oil and I suppose that's about it. I couldn't be more wrong. When on first use its not what I expected. I expected heavily powdery formulation that left the classic white residue in your hair. The formula of this one was much more watery and clear and did leave a single white powder residue and did a really good job and soaking up that extra oil. I found that it did exactly what I wanted without it being obvious that I was lazy and used a dry shampoo.
 
 
Batiste.
 
Its the classic. It's the favourite. Everyone seems to love it. I have mixed reviews on this brand, I have two of their formulations the classic with a fruity fresh scent and the tinted one. I absolutely love the tinted one, its a life saviour, for anyone with dark or brown hair that is..... It doesn't really have any particular scent and due to it being tinted it leaves a powdery brown finish that I am able to manage to blend in with my hair colour. I find that this formula due to being dense and more absorbing power it also has an added bonus of adding great texture and volume to my hair. On the complete opposite end of the scale 'The Classic' I just don't like it, I might like it if I had lighter or blonde hair but this just makes me appear to have really bad dandruff and no matter how much I work it into my hair the white powder just wont fade. 
 


 
 


Herbal Essence.

This was a whole new boat for me as having only really tried their shampoos and having a somewhat volatile relationship. I really didn't think herbal Essence's would be able to pull this one out the bag. Lets just start with the smell. OH MY!! It's heavenly, its like freshly squeezed orange juice and I just love the smell of oranges. The formulation of this one is the hybrid of batiste and dove, it has just the right about of white powder mixed with the watery texture so that it doesn't leave the white residue behind in my hair. It gives me enough volume as well without looking like I have done a tonne of backcombing. It's fair to say this is a new favourite of mine.
TGI Bed Head.

This is definitely of the higher end of the spectrum for price of dry shampoos. I purchased this at Sally's beauty supply and this was when I was just getting a little addicted to dry shampoos. I thought that I would instantly love the higher end formula but in all honesty I hated it. The texture was so drying and somewhat cakey that it just flaked and gave a bad case of dandruff looking hair...I just didn't have time for it. Also the way in which the dry shampoo came out of the can was just too powerful and it somewhat hurt to actually apply the dry shampoo. Overall not a pleasant experience. (no disrespect to the brand I really do love some of there other products)
 
 
Ding ding, I therefore mark the end of the 'Battle of the Dry Shampoos'.
 
 
Bye for now x 
 
 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

LEAVE ME A COMMENT ! LOVE YOU XX

BY TORIE PEDERSEN. Powered by Blogger.