THE LONDON EXPERIENCE.

 Now I know i haven't posted for a long time but things have majorly changed in my life so i suppose a little explanation would be in order.....




London was such a major change/experience in my life that I will never regret doing. I honestly learnt so much in the area that i want to work in and most importantly learnt a lot about myself.  Ive always struggled with confidence and this was a giant leap in battling that confidence and anxiety. Just travelling on the buses and tubes everyday really helped me to be more initiative whilst being calm and just carry on with what i was doing. 

It was what i called plug in and go, which i know us brits are known for not taking in our surroundings and listening to whats coming through our headphones and not the sounds of the city, but it's the easiest way that i found to stay calm when it was unbearably busy.

The job itself i loved everyday was like a dream come true going to work everyday in a industry that 6 months ago i could only dream about working in.


Working at my laptop for 8 hours a day in such a relaxed environment was my idea of heaven. The people I worked with were lovely and my boss Miss Portia Shaw, easiest one of the best people ever, kind, caring and all around super sarcastic which is essential when working in the fashion and beauty industry. Doing this PR internship was fast paced alway busy and overall just such a fun time!

Sadly a few things shortened my time doing the internship, i got quite poorly at the beginning of February and i had just started a new relationship, it was becoming increasingly difficult to be away from him and my family for a long period of time, i made the decision to come home when i became ill to recuperate over the next couple of days. Then due to some other circumstances i did not return to London to complete my internship, which i do regret and probably for a long time. 

It was a good way for me to realise that i cannot cope without my family and friends and the possibility of moving that far away is no longer an option for me, I'm truly a country girl not a city girl. Don't get me wrong i love visiting London but i truly love coming home a lot more!

All in all fab experience, glad i did it, but happy to be home and looking forward to my new venture starting tomorrow! (Monday 25th April 2016)




Unlike this photo might say otherwise, I enjoy a espresso martini or two but I would rather do it in the comfort of my hometown of Hereford!



If you're interested in doing an internship in fashion and/or beauty just drop an email into fran@poppr.co.uk or portia@poppr.co.uk
And I'm sure they may be the opportunity for an internship !

I found my opportunity on fashion scout.com

You Might Also Like

0 comments

LEAVE ME A COMMENT ! LOVE YOU XX

BY TORIE PEDERSEN. Powered by Blogger.