Moving on up.

A lot has changed over the past couple of weeks and thats probably why have been rather distant from my blogging. The reasons are:

1. Ive turned 20 and that in itself is pretty scary, to think I'm no longer a teenager and to prove that i clearly don't look like a teenager i never get ID'd anymore like ever :'(

2. I quit my job today. Probably doesn't sound like a good thing, but i wasn't happy, something wasn't right somewhere and i felt enough was enough, so i just quit there and then. After all if you are coming home from work everyday in floods of tears there probably a good chance that something isn't quite right!? My god did it hurt to know that i would be leaving the people i see everyday with some i know i have made some friends for life! But it was like ripping of a plaster it hurt but my god does it feel good now.

So how am I moving on up you ask? The above reasons sound rather depressing but they have given me a kick in the right direction. To realise that I'm not little anymore, I need to be more responsible for my life and if I want something to happen I have to get up and actually make it happen. I began to panic that I wouldn't be able to find a job with enough hours or a job that I would actually like and make me feel like I wasn't just settling for anything.

I stumbled across a website called Fashionworkie.com and it was as if a light came on in my head. A fashion internship... Could I do something like that.... One thing that I thought would make it impossible would be that I live 3.5 hours from London where every single internship seemed to be. I was then given a light by my saviour. My cousin lives in London and has offered to rent me out his spare room, which honestly i don't know how I will ever thank him for that, but after all he is related to me so I think thats the best thank you I can give him ;) Only joking :) But it's nice to know that you'r family always have your back through thick and thin!

I applied for quite a few different internships with different companies mainly focusing on marketing and PR positions. Not expecting to get any responses I did get one from a PR company called POP PR, honest I don't think I've ever screamed so much I was so happy which probably was a nice change for my parents who have been dealing with a very grumpy daughter (sorry!!).

Im off for my interview on Monday and honestly I don't think I've been this nervous since I took my driving test. Similar to that it was a big change in my life and either way it could change things for the better or not at all. But lets stay positive as we all know I have a habit of thinking negatively.

Hopefully this will be a new start and a new adventure with many new prospects to come!

Wish me luck! I promise I will be posting more often from now on!

Byex

You Might Also Like

0 comments

LEAVE ME A COMMENT ! LOVE YOU XX

BY TORIE PEDERSEN. Powered by Blogger.