A Tanning Question....

If you had asked me a year ago what were my thoughts on fake tanning I would probably ramble on saying how I wouldn't dare touch the stuff in fear of looking like something off a popular UK reality TV show....no thank you. But after some persuasion from some of my beautifully tanned goddesses of friends I was somewhat tempted to give it a go...

( Small lie I have used fake tan once but lets just say I was a very inexperienced teenager experimenting with something that I think I picked up for a pound at Primark...lets just say I looked like I had jumped into a pool of cheesy Watsits....)

So I didn't really know where to begin, what self tan to use, which is the best one, I mean you walk into boots and stare at the shelves of tanning products I was, well slightly and entirely overwhelmed, meaning the drugstore was a brick wall in the face. My next choice well YouTube I watched countless tanning routines and favourites and it was clear there was a favourite among them, the original St. Tropez self tan bronzing mousse. I took the plunge and I mean plunge this stuff isn't exactly budget friendly and I only got the smaller bottle.

Does it work for me???
And the answer is Yes, I think im actually addicted to feeling bronzed, it makes me feel more self confident and not feel shy about showing of my legs and arms when the weather gets a little warmer in the UK. I was never 'pale' to begin with but there was a serious lack of glowing goldness (is that even a word?!) in my skin.

Self tanning is simple as long as you follow these three steps!

1. Scrub.
You need to make sure you have all that lovely dead skin off your legs/body I recommend if you really want to give your body a good old scrub use any of the Body Shop's Scrubs.

2. Tan
Pretty self explanatory there... But remember always use a mitt nobody wants splodgy fake tan hands after all...not a good look.

3. Moisturize
Simple, but its easy to forget after all the longevity of your tan will be based on how hydrated your skin is just like when you get a tan on holiday this will only last is your skin has moisture to it or else it goes very patchy....again not the look that I think anyone wants to go for! Again I recommend something from the body shop and that's their Body Butters. They sink in quickly and smell amazing!


 Happy Tanning! x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

LEAVE ME A COMMENT ! LOVE YOU XX

BY TORIE PEDERSEN. Powered by Blogger.